What paperwork do I need?

I will provide the Notice of Intended marriage form which needs to be completed at least one month before your wedding day. I can witness this document. You will need to provide evidence of your place and date of birth. A passport from your country of birth or your birth certificate. If you have been married before, I will need to see proof of divorce or how marriage ended.

How much does a celebrant cost?

Each celebrant will set their own fees – my charges are fair and mid range. Choose a celebrant you feel comfortable with or who has been recommended. You should be confident that he or she is professional, is a good listener and can personalise your ceremony the way you want it. I take great care preparing your ceremony and ensuring all the details and legalities are correct.

We only want a very short simple ceremony, do we still need to pay the full fee?

Providing I do not need to travel beyond a 30 kilometre radius of my home and you choose a simple basic ceremony you will receive a 15% discount.

What sort of music will I need for my wedding ceremony?

It is not essential to have music but it does create atmosphere especially if you choose music that is special to you as a couple.  I usually suggest a piece of music to walk down the aisle as the bride makes her entrance, maybe one or two songs to play during the signing, and another at the end of the ceremony as you make your exit: an uplifting piece of music, after all it is time to celebrate, you are now man and wife!

What does the marriage celebrant do?

You need an authorised celebrant to make your wedding legal.  They are familiar with the law and all the legal documentation.  Knowing the Marriage Act they will be able to guide you through legal relationship issues that impact on your ability to enter a marriage contract.  The celebrant will write your ceremony with your consultation, give you resources to personalize your ceremony, suggest ideas, make changes if necessary, plan thoroughly, arrange a rehearsal , perform the ceremony, take responsibility for the legal marriage certificates, communicate with the Department of Births Deaths and Marriages and generally makes sure the ceremony runs smoothly and to your expectations.

Celebrants are obliged to do ongoing professional development each year and the Attorney General’s Departments is extremely concerned that all Celebrants give their couples quality service and there is a process for complaint should this be necessary.

When should I choose my Celebrant?

Once you have decided on a date and a venue you should find a Celebrant. You will need to know if the one you would like is free to do the wedding that day and there are documents to be completed.  The celebrant will ask you for a non refundable deposit to secure the day for you.

How do I choose a Celebrant?

Look for the sort of person who has the qualities that you feel comfortable with and attract you in friendship.  You want to have a celebrant that will write and perform a ceremony that will leave you with happy memories.  The price will not answer this question for you.  I am happy for couples to come along and see a marriage I perform to be sure I am their preferred celebrant.

I am applying for a Fiancé Spouse visa can you support my application?

Yes, I can provide the necessary letter to support your application.

When and where are you available for a meeting?

I am very flexible as to times I am available.  Just give me a call or send me a text or email and we can arrange a time that is convenient for both of us. I can meet at your house or mine or somewhere in between if that works better for you. This will be an obligation free meeting to give you the chance to see if you would be happy to have me as your celebrant.

How long does it take for my marriage to be registered by Births Deaths and Marriages so I can get the official marriage certificate?

In Victoria your celebrant can track the progress of your certificate online. Depending on what time of year you got married the certificate can take up to 6 weeks ( eg March and October).
You need to download an application form and can apply online or pick it up in person once you know your certificate is ready. The cost is $32.00.

You will need the official certificate for identification purposes if you wish to change your name.
For more information go to www.bdm.vic.gov.au


 Anna Richards, The Sassy Celebrant!

03 9489 9851

0407 300 970